Laser skin resurfacing is one of the most popular aesthetic cosmetic procedures we offer our St. Louis patients. It can correct fine lines, sun-damage, acne scaring, birthmarks and age spots. It can also be used to treat actinic keratosis (rough, scaly patches on your skin that develop from years of exposure to the sun) and syringomas (harmless sweat duct tumors that appear as tiny white bumps, typically found clustered by the eyelids or forehead).
- Due to cumulative sun damage and genetics, a gradual loss of collagen thins your skin and eventually fine lines and wrinkles form, age spots appear and your skin tone changes.
- We use Fractionated C02RE Laser Skin Resurfacing™ – the most effective and predictable way to re-introduce collagen back into your skin and provide a gentle but effective skin resurfacing. The Fractionated CO2RE Laser is the newest and most modern advance in laser technology and allows us to exercise a high level of control and precision.
- Facial resurfacing works using a high-energy beam of CO2 light which vaporizes lines, wrinkles, scars, age spots and other irregularities, layer by layer. This process also stimulates the formation of new collagen for continued improvement.
- The laser is used to its capacity, with the depth, width, pattern and power customized to match your unique needs. You will see a smoother, fresher look to your skin. Usually one treatment gives great results, but in patients with deeper wrinkles a second treatment may be needed.
- Your skin will glow, your wrinkles will be noticeably reduced, your skin tone will be evened out and your collagen will thicken, providing you with more youthful appearing skin.
- There will be some slight swelling following treatment and you must avoid exposure to the sun and apply sunscreen every day.
- You should be able to return to work in about seven to ten days.
- Laser resurfacing can restore you skin to a healthier state and with proper sun protection, results can last for more than five years.
Call to book a consultation appointment, today, and revive your skin for spring: (314) 878-3839.