Did you know that facial peeling was performed in ancient Rome, Egypt, and Greece for those desiring smoother, more beautiful skin? Today, chemical peels are popular because they are fast, easy and offer nearly immediate results.
As you age, your skin begins to show the effects of the environment, genetics and the aging process itself. A peel is an easy, quick and effective treatment for the visible signs of aging and can be used on the face, neck, chest and hands. Additionally, if you have fine lines and wrinkles, a peel can minimize their appearance.
Our office specializes in Glycolic Peels.
• Glycolic acid is a natural AHA (alpha hydroxyl acid) which is derived from the fruit acid found in citrus fruits and cane sugar.
• Our office uses it in various concentrations, formulated for each individual patient, as a peeling solution to reduce the visible signs of sun damage and aging, scaring, uneven skin tone, blemishes and freckles.
• Technically, a chemical peel is a controlled injury to the skin which causes the skin cells to separate and exfoliation to begin.
• A glycolic peel removes the damaged, top layer of your skin, enhancing and smoothing your skin’s texture.
• An aesthetician or physician applies the glycolic acid to your skin depending on your unique skin concerns.
• As a side benefit, the removal of surface cells stimulates new cell growth.
• Your peel will take about 20 minutes and is performed in our office.
• Following your treatment, your skin will be pink, but you can return to your activities immediately
• For optimal effect it is recommended that glycolic peels are performed weekly for six weeks.
• Following the procedure, your skin will be sensitive. You need to protect your skin as it heals, so a sunscreen of at least SPF 30 should be applied several times each day.
At your initial consultation, we will discuss your expectations and the peel procedure itself. Your skin will be carefully evaluated to determine how to provide you with the best possible results. We look forward to consulting with you about this amazing procedure.
Call to schedule an appointment: (314) 878-3839.