Money spent on expensive creams for your face is a worthy expenditure. But if you’re neglecting your hands, try as you might to appear youthful, it’s possible your hands are giving away your age.
Your hands are susceptible to the first signs of aging and often age faster than your face because of their constant exposure to the elements and the sun. The skin on the back of your hands is thinner than the skin on your face and there is not much fat on the back of your hands – so when your natural elastin and collagen break down, it shows. The result is wrinkly, crepe-like skin with large, exposed veins…which also become larger over time. Depending on how much exposure to the sun you had as a child, aging may result in “liver spots,” which are freckle-like, sun-caused pigmentation.
The perfect solution is a hand rejuvenation procedure.
• The number one professional hand-care rejuvenation treatment is dermal fillers. When used on the hands, fillers add volume and put back some of the cushion under the skin that has been lost.
• One of the most popular of these FDA approved injectable fillers is Juvederm®.
• A treatment takes less than 20 minutes and is done in our office.
• Using a tiny needle, Juvederm® is injected into each area of your hands that require treatment.
• There may be some swelling, redness or brushing following the treatment but these go away rapidly.
• There is no downtime…you can return to your normal activities immediately.
• You will see immediate improvement, but the full results of the treatment will manifest in about two weeks.
• Results last about three to six months.
Some other tips for lovelier hands:
• Buy a good quality hand cream and use it often. Using hand moisturizers as early as your 20s is a great anti-aging strategy.
• Be generous with sunscreen, not only on your face but your hands.
• Wear rubber-gloves if your hands are exposed to harsh cleaning products or chemicals.
Curious about dermal fillers? Call for a consultation appointment, today (314) 878-3839.